1 turkey (15 lbs.), thawed if frozen
2 tablespoons of Salt
1 large onion
1 large celery stalk
3 large sprigs of parsley
1 large carrot
1/4 cup of Olive Oil
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup of white wine
1. Remove packaging. Remove the neck and giblets from both cavities of the turkey.
2. Wash the turkey, the neck and giblets in very cold water.
3. Rub the inside and outside of the turkey evenly with the salt.
4. Slice the lemon in half and rub the inside and outside of the turkey with the lemon half squeezing the juice as you rub.
Place the used lemon halves inside the cavity.
5. Place the butter underneath the chicken skin over the breast
6. Sprinkle the paprika, pepper and garlic powder evenly over the chicken leaving a small amount to marinate the cavity.
7. Place the neck and gizzards inside the turkey. Add the wine and remaining spices into the cavity to marinate.
8. Place the celery, onion and carrot inside the cavity.
9. Drizzle and rub the Olive oil over the Turkey.
10. Place in the refrigerator overnight or up to 48 hours before cooking.
11. Take the turkey out of the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking.
Cook the turkey at 350 degrees for approximately three hours with the vegetables inside.
Times for cooking a turkey are variable so the best way of being certain a turkey is done is by using a thermometer. Insert the thermometer in the thickest part of the thigh; be sure not to touch the bone. When the thermometer reads 165 F the turkey is finished.
Happy Thanksgiving Day! Be thankful you have a kitchen to cook in. Be thankful you have food to eat! Be thankful you are surrounded by those you love!
- 3/4 pound pasta orecchiette
- 2 cups small pieces of broccoli
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 small onion (chopped)
- Parmesan, for serving
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, adding the broccoli during the last minute. Drain and return the pasta and broccoli to the pot.
- Mix ground turkey in a bowl with the crushed peppers, minced garlic, salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes; season with ½ teaspoon salt. When the meat is about ready add the onion and a little more pepper, salt, crushed red pepper and minced garlic.
- Toss the turkey mixture with the pasta and broccoli and the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Serve with Parmesan
*Please note you can substitute the Pasta Orecchiette for a pasta of your preference.