Pineapple Chicken with Broccoli
· 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
· 1 Tbsp olive oil
· 1 (20-oz) can of pineapple chunks in pineapple juice
· 2 Tbsp soya sauce
· 2 Tbsp honey
· 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
· 2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
· 1 (14-oz) bag frozen broccoli florets
· 1 bell pepper, I used ½ red, ½ orange
· ¼ tsp salt
· ½ tsp black pepper
· 1 tsp corn starch
· Scallions and sesame seeds to garnish, optional
1. Warm a large skillet over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, cut chicken into thin strips. Add oil to skillet and then chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until browned, then flip chicken and cook chicken until done, approximately 5 minutes total.
2. In the mean time, combine pineapple chunks and juice, soy sauce, honey, ginger, and garlic in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside until chicken is cooked. Slice peppers into strips.
3. Once chicken is cooked. Add pineapple mixture to pan and turn to high heat. Allow mixture to boil for about 5 minutes. Add broccoli and peppers, stir to combine. Cook until crisp tender and using a slotted spoon transfer chicken, vegetables and pineapple to a serving bowl.
4. Combine corn starch and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl, pour into skillet. Whisk to combine and cook until thickens to syrup-like consistency. Before serving pour sauce over chicken and vegetables. Optional garnish: sprinkle chopped scallions and sesame seeds over top. Served with white rice or anything else desired is extra delicious. Serve and enjoy!